Sunday, November 17, 2013

Could LeBron score 70?

James scored 39 points on only 18 shots, Wade's night included a career-best eight steals, and the Heat held off the Dallas Mavericks 110-104 Friday night.
"You give me 37 shots in a game, I'll have 60, 70," James said. "I had 40 tonight on 18 shots. If I get 37 shots in a game, I'm going to put up 60. Easy."
Thing is, the odds of seeing James shoot 37 times in a game -- like Rudy Gay did earlier this week in setting the NBA high so far this season -- are quite slim. His career-high is 36. He's only taken 30 or more shots twice since joining the Heat; both of those came in regular-season losses."He understands the main thing being the main thing," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "He wants to win more than anything."
 
James had never scored more than 38 when taking 18 or fewer shots, and missed just four times on Friday.
 ESPN GAME RECAP


0 comments:

Post a Comment